- Yarn Length: 50 g ~ 220 m | 1.76 oz ~ 240 yds
- Needle: 3 - 3.5 mm | 3- 4 US | 11 UK
- Gauge: 30 Stitches, 35 Rows to 4" (10 cm)
- Usage: Sweater in size small ~ 350 g (7 Balls)
- Yarn Weight: 50 g | 1.76 oz ~ Ball
- Fibre: Merino ~ Argentina
- Spun in Italy
- Dyed in Italy
Our Merino Baby is of course mulesing-free and the fibre is GOTS-certified. This means that the animals are kept according to ecological standards. Through sustainable farming, woolgrowers are able to protect and regenerate the land, and care for the health and wellbeing of their sheep. The merino sheep that provide the wool graze freely, delivering a new fleece harvest twice a year.
Furthermore, no toxic bleaches, dyes or other chemicals are used in the manufacturing process. The wool is spun and dyed according to our specifications in Italy in a mill which uses traditional machinery and craftmanship and which is also GOTS certified.
Merino wool has several characteristics that make it very popular:
- it is highly breathable,
- has excellent thermoregulating properties,
- it is naturally light and soft,
- it is not scratchy and can be worn directly on the skin, and
- it is hypo-allergenic, making it the perfect choice for even the most sensitive skin.
- Furthermore, Merino Baby is machine washable! No, it is NOT superwash! We use an innovative biotechnological wool treatment to modify the scales of the wool. Because of its self-cleaning properties, airing your merino garment out after wearing it will usually do the trick. However, when needed, merino wool can be put in the washing machine using a wool cycle and cold water. It won´t shrink and it won´t wrinkle either!
Our suggestion: Pair Merino Baby with our yarn Manada, our very special and unique blend of Mohair, Mulberry Silk, Yak and Merino fibres. We have made sure that 25 of the 31 colours of the colour palette match one-to-one with the 25 colours of Manada, so that you can pair the two yarns together to add a wonderful fluff and airy halo to your project, not to mention softness, warmth and, of course, a very particular and unique colour nuance depending on whether you use similar colours or contrasting ones to mix and match together.
Tip: It is advisable to always order enough yarn for your desired model to ensure you knit your entire project with yarn of the same dye batch. In case of doubt, please make a gauge sample immediately after receiving the yarn. In this way, you can estimate whether you have ordered sufficient quantity and, if necessary, reorder directly.
Knitted garments with Merino Baby can be washed in the washing machine at 104°F (40°C). It is advisable to use a mild detergent and choose a delicate cycle. Dry flat, preferably on a terry towel, to avoid stretching. Under no circumstances should you dry it directly on a heat source or in the blazing sun! If necessary, the knitted piece can be ironed at the lowest temperature setting. Read more about wool care in our blogpost here.
Knitted garments with Merino Baby can be washed in the washing machine at 104°F (40°C). It is advisable to use a mild detergent and choose a delicate cycle. Dry flat, preferably on a terry towel, to avoid stretching. Under no circumstances should you dry it directly on a heat source or in the blazing sun! If necessary, the knitted piece can be ironed at the lowest temperature setting.
Read more about wool care in our blogpost here.