- Yarn Length: 50 g ~ 220 m | 1.76 oz ~ 240 yds; 100 g ~ 440 m | 3.5 oz ~ 480 yds
- Needle size: 3 mm | 2-3 US | 11 UK
- Gauge: 30 stitches, 35 rows to 4" (10 cm)
- Usage: Sweater in size small ~ 350 g
- Yarn Weight: 50 g | 1.76 oz; 100 g | 3.5 oz
- Fibre: Merino ~ Argentina
- Spun in Portugal
Our Merino Baby is of course mulesing-free and the fibre is GOTS-certified. This means that the animals are kept according to ecological standards. Through sustainable farming, woolgrowers are able to protect and regenerate the land, and care for the health and wellbeing of their sheep. The merino sheep that provide the wool graze freely, delivering a new fleece harvest twice a year.
Merino wool has several characteristics that make it very popular:
- it is highly breathable,
- has excellent thermoregulating properties,
- it is naturally light and soft,
- it is not scratchy and can be worn directly on the skin, and
- it is hypo-allergenic, making it the perfect choice for even the most sensitive skin.
- Furthermore, Merino Baby is machine washable! No, it is NOT superwash! We use an innovative biotechnological wool treatment to modify the scales of the wool. Because of its self-cleaning properties, airing your merino garment out after wearing it will usually do the trick. However, when needed, merino wool can be put in the washing machine using a wool cycle and cold water. It won´t shrink and it won´t wrinkle either!
Knitted garments with Merino Baby can be washed in the washing machine at 104°F (40°C). It is advisable to use a mild detergent and choose a delicate cycle. Dry flat, preferably on a terry towel, to avoid stretching. Under no circumstances should you dry it directly on a heat source or in the blazing sun! If necessary, the knitted piece can be ironed at the lowest temperature setting. Read more about wool care in our blogpost here.
Read more about wool care in our blogpost here.