YARN KIT | Shawl Whiteout designed by Melanie Berg made of Pascuali Puno
Yarn Kit Shawl Whiteout
Whiteout is an asymmetrical triangle shawl which has the comfortable length of a scarf.
If you like to lose yourself in the rhythms of knitting, this project will be right for you. The shawl is worked from tip to edge and starts with simple lines of garter stitch before it continues with an intricate, repetitive flurries of crystalline lace pattern. The parts with the garter stitch won‘t be boring and allow your eyes and mind to relax because they are knitted in stripes.
Differing from the original yarn we show this model with our wonderful yarn Puno.
Puno consists of 70% cotton and 30% alpaca wool. 50 g have a yardage of 200 m. We knitted the design with needle size 2.75 mm and have final dimensions of 300 cm length and 76 cm at the widest part of the shawl. The gauge is 25 stitches and 42 rows for 10 x 10 cm knitted in garter stitch.
You will receive the needed amount of yarn for the chosen colour combination:
- 4 x 50 g Pascuali Puno (70% organic cotton, 30% alpaca) in colour A
- 3 x 50 g Pascuali Puno (70% organic cotton, 30% alpaca) in colour B
Get the pattern as a PDF file at the ravelry shop HERE.
You can choose the following colour combinations (see pictures above):
- Colour combination 1: colour A = Puno 20, colour B = Puno 22
- Colour combination 2: colour A = Puno 20, colour B = Puno 24
- Colour combination 3: colour A = Puno 20, colour B = Puno 26
- Colour combination 4: colour A = Puno 20, colour B = Puno 28
(original colour combination as seen on the picture)
- Colour combination 5: colour A = Puno 20, colour B = Puno 30
- Colour combination 6: colour A = Puno 20, colour B = Puno 32
There is no colour combination that you like? Choose your one colours of Pascuali Puno HERE.
The following needles are needed:
- US 2 (2,5mm) circular
- or size to obtain gauge
- knitting needle and scissors